Book Descriptions and Lesson Plans
If you would like some inspiration, check out some of the Pinterest boards for Project Cornerstone here.
TK and Kindergarten Book List and Lesson Plans
These books are part of the Learning to Get Along Series by Cherie J. Meiners, M.Ed
- Watch with your eyes
- Hear with your ears
- Keep your mouth and hands quiet
- Smile and say hello.
- Invite someone, “Do you want to play?”
- Ask to join in, “Can I play?”
- Talk about the problem.
- Listen to understand.
- Think of ways to solve it.
- Choose the best plan.
- Treat everyone kindly.
- Find ways that you’re alike.
- Include someone who is new.
- Watch and listen to the person.
- Remember when you have felt the same way.
- Imagine how you might feel.
- Words show others that they are important to you.
- You’re welcome, Excuse me, I’m sorry, May I?, Hello, Good job!
- Polite words show respect to others.
- Being generous brings out the best.
- Help someone without being asked.
- Make something or spend time with someone.
- Decide to finish what you start.
- Remind yourself to stick with it.
- Do it one step at a time.
Grades 1 – 5 Book List:
Please go to this Google folder, which contains all of the books and lesson plans for Year C.
NEW REPORTING PROCESS: Please fill out the information on the clipboard near the books stating what book you read, when, and in which classroom. This will allow us to report to Project Cornerstone the number of students and classrooms being read to in our school, which helps with funding the program across the county.